Why I am writing this blog ?
Because I tried several methods to flash Cyanogenmod but always having problem with Power ON, reboot and high battery drain, so here is the proper way to flash Cyanogenmod ROMs ( froyo, gingerbread ).
Following are the steps you need to do :-
- Very first and important is to be done is update you phone with Vendor ROM of Spice Mi-300 ( http://www.spicecorp.in/Document/MI-300-Eclair-Software-Updater-Tool.zip ) . Why we need to do it ? because if you not do this there will be problem with mobile network, Powern On issue , etc .
- Now you need to root you phone, download http://uploading.com/files/3c274836/z4root.1.3.0.apk and install it on you phone, chose Permanent Root from the options. Note:- this will download other package so you need good bandwidth connection line WiFi , GPRS will take some time.
- Search “ROM Manager” in Android Market install ROM Manager by ClockworkMod, and using it install ClockworkMod Recovery ( Current Version is 188.8.131.52 )
- Download Cyanogenmod ROM, I am using Gingerbread Nightly build ( http://mirror.teamdouche.net/get/z71/cm_z71_full-24.zip ) and copy it in SD card.
- Download Google apps ( http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip ) and copy it in SD card.
- Start ROM Manager application, and click on “Reboot in Recovery”.
- Once you enter ClockworkMod Recovery, trackball to select and Power button to go back.
- Do Wipe data/factory reset
- Click on Install zip from sdcard.
- Choose zip from sdcard ( First cm_z71_full-24.zip then gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip )
- Reboot system now
Now it will take 5 to 10 min for first boot.
Now its Time for some tweak to increase performance and battery life, so follow these steps :-
Performance Tweak :-
Go to settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Performance
- Select Compcache RAM Usage and select 26 %
- Select VM heap size and select 32m
- Press and hold power button and select Reboot then Recovery.
- When rebooted in recovery select Advance, press on Wipe battery cache when done reboot the system